Saturday, October 22, 2011

CSA and Garden/Menu Week of October 22

We have two more weeks of our CSA adventure after today. It's been a good run! Here's what we took home today:

  • a million yellow tomatoes! (well, they were giving away extras; I bet we took home about 20)
  • a nice bagful of arugula... yum yum yum
  • a bag of tiny sweet potatoes
  • a small head of cauliflower
  • a red tomato
  • a bag of sweet bell peppers--all different colors
  • 6 small hot peppers
  • 3 small heads lettuce
  • 5 radishes

Menu for this week.... I haven't done a good job of following my last few weekly menus. This week, the hubby's heading out of town for about 5 days. So, it's not going to be very exciting. That DOES mean, though, that I will be eating BLT's MULTIPLE times this week. I love me a good BLT and this is no doubt the last week this year I'll be eating them. I don't think the tomatoes are loving the cool weather too much.

We'll be eating kid-friendly food: looks like some omelets with those peppers for yours truly, cheese-only omelets for the kidlets; maybe some pork chops with sweet potatoes on the side; probably some fish sticks in our future...

I don't know about you, but my interest in encouraging healthy eating habits goes right out the door when there's not another grownup around to back me up. Thankfully, fresh veggies are staple around here, so I picked up some cukes from the market, some baby carrots are still in the fridge, and I'm about to harvest the last of our cherry tomatoes....

That's all I got, folks!

No comments: