Here's what we've got going on this semester:
Monday/Wednesday/Thursday: kids in school in the a.m. (including bagged lunch)
Wednesday/Thursday: evening class for me ☺
Grocery shopping on Mondays--miscellaneous food prep (chopping veggies, cutting carrot sticks, freezing stuff, etc.) on Monday afternoons.
CSA pickup on Thursdays (through October)
Wanting to be healthy, simple, AND cheap (hah!)
So, here's my plan:
- Monday: Meatless Monday (something veggie-based)
- Tuesday: Meat and 3
- Wednesday: Picnic night (sandwiches, chips, etc.); we'll make double and everyone will have their lunch automatically made for the next day!
- Thursday: Tortilla night (wraps, burritos, quesadillas, etc.)
- Friday: Rice-based (beans and rice, stir-fry, etc.)
- Saturday: Quick and Easy (stir-fries, pasta dishes, etc.)
- Sunday: Leftovers for lunch; breakfast for dinner