But I digress. This isn't a blog about how crazy life is about to get ☺. It's about our favorite foods and what's working for us right now! So, here's what we have to work with this coming week....
- Summer squash! (yellow, zucchini, pattypan, 8-ball)
- Tomatoes!! Those delicious sungold cherries were a freebie after Caleb watched one of my sons drooling over them--thanks, Caleb! There is a basket of slicing tomatoes and some Romas--which promptly made it into my dinner.
- 1 melon
- 1.5# red fleshed potatoes
- 2 cucumbers
- 2 hot peppers
- 2 small green peppers
- withering (but not as badly as our poor Midwestern neighbors!)
- 1 sorry looking cuke
- few cherry tomatoes (which, I'm afraid, I'm thankful to see dwindling...)
- some baby 8-ball zukes making up their mind whether to die off or persevere. I don't have time to go sing songs of encouragement whilst watering away either....
- roasted veggies (even cherry tomatoes are good in this; we usually include summer squash, potatoes, peppers, and onions: chop, toss with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper and garlic salt, and roast at 450 degrees until done to your liking--20 minutes or so)
- Baba Ghanoush (an eggplant dip)
- Summer Squash and Polenta Casserole