Thursday, August 16, 2012

CSA Week #12 (8/16/12)

I *think* it's week 12, but I could be way off here. School has started in full force for my three kiddos (first time 2 of the 3 are in school), and my own classes kick off next week. However, in true grad school style, I have homework due the first day of classes!! (thankfully, only 1 more year of this ☺)

Anyway, we brought home some beautiful goodies from our CSA pick-up today. Here's what we have to work with:
  • 2 skinny eggplants and a very cool stripey big one (these might tempt me to like eggplant ☺)
  • 1 yellow squash and 1 zucchini
  • 1 green bell pepper and 2 light green/chartreuse bell peppers
  • 2 hot peppers (including a habanero!)
  • 1 bag new potatoes
  • 1 box tomatoes (including lots of yummy yellow ones--man, they make the BEST BLTs!!)
  • 1 small watermelon
  • 3 mini heirloom cantaloupes--Caleb threw in one for each kid; the kids can't wait to eat their melons tonight!

Our Garden:
  • 1 cucumber
  • baby bell peppers and watermelons finally!
  • cherry tomatoes... we're kind of sick of them...
  • pumpkins starting to form (volunteers)
  • lots of basil now--yum!

So, how do I use up all this stuff? I'll be posting a couple of new favorite recipes using up some of our luscious produce in the next couple of days. Sorry--no pictures. I'll never be a hot item on Pinterest since I have so few pics! Oh well--I have other priorities in life ☺

No comments: