Friday, November 23, 2012

Post-Thanksgiving Wrap-up

Mmmm... I don't know about you, but I had a most tasty day yesterday with promise of similar comestibles awaiting me in my fridge today.

I've updated Mama Blanche's Biscuits with a newer photo and also added some process photos and notes to Grandmother's Cornbread Dressing (shown above). I also updated Grandmother's Fruitcake with some better process directions and a couple of photos--thanks, Mom! (if you're making a fruitcake for Christmas, do it NOW so it can, um..., soak for a month in its special grown-up flavor ☺). Otherwise, wait until January when all the candied fruit goes on sale, buy your fruit, and wait until this time next year!

I discovered a new way to make decent turkey gravy this year, tried out a new DELICIOUS roasted onion recipe, ate AMAZING roasted pears that my sweet hubby made, made an old childhood favorite and was pleased with my turkey and dressing! We had a wonderful time with family; I hope you had as good a day as we did.

I'll be posting the new recipes in the next couple of days--file them away for your next big turkey event (whether it's Christmas or next Thanksgiving!).

Enjoy your extend holiday weekend--hope you're enjoying it with family and friends away from the frenetic consumerism going on at your local stores....

No comments: