Tennessee Turnips Supreme
- 1 cube vegetable bouillon*
- 1 cup water*
- 3 cups peeled, cubed turnips
- 1/4 c. minced onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 T. sour cream
- 1/2 c. shredded sharp white Cheddar cheese
- chopped fresh parsley for garnish
- Place the vegetable bouillon cube into a saucepan with the water, and bring to a boil over high heat. Cook until the bouillon cube dissolves, about 1 minute.
- Stir in the turnips, onion, and garlic, return to a boil, cover, reduce heat slightly, and cook the mixture until the turnips are tender, about 10 minutes. Reduce the heat to a simmer, and cook until most of the liquid has been evaporated, 10 to 15 more minutes.
- Lightly stir in the sour cream to coat the turnips. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, and top with shredded Cheddar cheese and parsley.