Thursday, August 22, 2013

CSA Week 11 (8/22/13)

Very fun stuff in this week's box! We really enjoy fennel but rarely buy it because it's so pricey. Well, there's some in our box this week! And, since I've been storing my basil properly, with the new batch we got today, I now have enough to do a big giant batch of pesto--which I will freeze in ice cube trays so I can pop some into a recipe at a moment's notice. Mmmmm And, since I promised a squash recipe last week but didn't deliver, our squash this week is giving me a good excuse: I'll post that recipe tomorrow!

What's in the box:
  • 2 small bulbs fennel (you can see the white bulbs sticking out on the left and all the beautiful green fronds hanging off the table to the right!)
  • 3 bell peppers (purple)
  • 3 small hot peppers
  • 2 yellow squash
  • 1 bag onions
  • 1 bag arugula
  • 1 bunch basil
  • 1 box tomatoes, assorted colors

No comments: