Wednesday, June 18, 2014

CSA Week 2 (6/18/14)

Another delicious-looking haul from the Colvins today! We had a lovely time downtown picking up our veggies and enjoying a nice (hot!) summer day. Mmmm


Here's what's in our box:

  • 1 head romaine lettuce
  • 1 small head red butter crunch lettuce
  • 1 bunch kale
  • 1 large bunch purple topped turnips
  • 3 topped kohlrabi (too bad they're topped! The greens are yummy!)
  • 1 bunch green onions
  • 3 summer squash: 1 yellow, 1 zucchini, and 1 8-ball zucchini
  • 1 bag green beans
Looks like a feast waiting to happen! I was out of town for a week, but I have turnips and some greens leftover from the last box that are still good. (I have GREAT storage containers from Tupperware that really do make a difference in how long produce lasts.) I'm not a huge fan of turnips, so I'll have to get creative this week, I guess. We love all the greens, though, and are excited to see summer produce mixed in with the spring!

No comments: