One final note: this is definitely better when made ahead and allowed to marinate a bit in the fridge (a few hours). If you're adding in cherry tomatoes, like I did (since I had them in my CSA basket and they were so pretty!), make sure you add them right before serving. Tomatoes get mushy in the fridge.
Farmer's Market Slaw
~"Health Salad" from Weight Watchers
- 4 c. shredded cabbage
- 1/2 medium cucumber, seeded if desired, and thinly sliced*
- 1 medium carrot, shredded*
- 1/4 thinly sliced red onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 medium green pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1/2 t. pepper
- 2 1/2 T. sugar
- 2 1/2 T. apple cider vinegar
- 1 T. olive oil
- 1 T. water
- 1 T. fresh dill or 1 t. dried
- Combine cabbage through bell pepper in a large bowl.
- Combine salt through dill and pour over slaw mix. Toss well. Chill for a couple of hours before serving.