Green Tomatillo Salsa
~based on this all recipes version
- 1 box tomatillos (~1 1/4 pounds), husked, rinsed, and chopped
- 1/2 c. chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 green cayenne, stemmed, seeded, and chopped*
- 3 T. cilantro leaves
- heaping 1/2 t. dried oregano
- 1/2 t. cumin
- 1 1/2 t. salt
- 2 c. water
- juice of one lime
- Combine everything but lime in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer until tomatillos are soft (10-15 minutes).
- Let cool slightly. Using a slotted spoon, transfer solids to food processor. Add about half the water/liquid. Puree. Add more liquid as needed for desired consistency. Squeeze lime juice into salsa and stir.
~Makes about 2-3 cups