Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Fancy Spinach

This is another recipe we grew up eating. In fact, this is the ONLY way I would eat spinach growing up. Because of the high amount of eggs in this dish, this recipe can be a complete meal if your toddler is abstaining from meat on any particular day. My three children love this recipe. It can be finger food if you need it to be. Enjoy!

1 (10-oz) box frozen chopped spinach, cooked according to package directions and drained
2 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoon flour
1 tablespoon onion, chopped
3 beaten eggs
1/2 cup shredded Cheddar
salt and pepper to taste

Melt butter. Cook onions in butter until tender. Add flour and stir until smooth. Add spinach, eggs, and cheese and cook 5 minutes, stirring frequently.

Serves 3-4

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This sounds delicious! I can't wait to try this. I've been waiting to find the right recipe to start my kids on spinach, and I think this is it!

Bridgette said...

I am definitely going to make this! I was just trying to think of a way to get more vegetables onto my table.

Bridgette said...

So I made the other version I thought you had posted here (with cottage cheese) and Ethan kept asking for "more". My son asking for more spinach? Anytime! Thanks for the recipe.

Betsy said...

Glad it worked Bridgette! I think you're referring to Cottage Cheese and Spinach Gratin. My kids inhale that, too.