Recipe from Meals for a Month
- 9 ounces cream cheese, softened (I've used Neufchatel cheese, too)
- 6 T. Miracle Whip
- 3 6-ounce cans chunk tuna, drained (we also throw in an extra 7-ounce pouch of tuna)
- 3/4 cup chopped green onions
- 3/4 cup shredded carrot
- 1 red bell pepper, minced
- 3 T. lemon juice
- 6 T. butter, softened
- 24 slices whole wheat bread
1. Combine cream cheese and Miracle Whip; beat (by hand) until smooth.
2. Add remaining ingredients except bread and butter. Blend well (by hand).
3. Spread bread thinly with butter. Add tuna salad.
4. Wrap each sandwich individually (in freezer wrap or ziploc bag). Bag several sandwiches together in gallon ziploc bags. Label and freeze!
5. Sandwiches should thaw by lunchtime if removed from freezer in the morning; no need for an ice pack to keep it cold!
Makes 12 sandwiches