Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Trail Mix Cookies


These are my neighbor Lisa's favorite cookies. The recipe comes from her mother-in-law. They are flourless, oatmeal, peanut, chocolate chip cookies. Really, anything you might put in trail mix will work in these. I think they would be good with dark chocolate chips and raisins (with a touch of salt added to the batter). More nuts might be fun if you're a "nutty" person. Experiment away!

  • 1 c. sugar
  • 1.5 c. brown sugar
  • 1 stick of softened butter
  • 1 t. honey
  • 1 t. vanilla
  • 3 eggs
  • 2 t. baking soda
  • 1.5 c. crunchy peanut butter (I used natural/unsweetened)
  • 4.5 c. old-fashioned oatmeal
  • 1 c. chocolate chips
  • 1 c. M&M's
Cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add honey, vanilla, eggs, and baking soda; mix well. Add peanut butter and oatmeal; mix well. Add "fun stuff" and mix well. Bake for 9-11 minutes at 350-375 degrees (350 and 11 minutes works best for me).

Makes a TON of cookies.


2 comments:

Lisa said...

I want to eat my computer!

Anonymous said...

Some of the best cookies I've ever had!! Great recipe