Recipe from More-with-Less (called "Golden Potato Soup")
- 1/3 c. finely chopped onion
- 2 T. butter or oil
- 1 T. flour
- 1 t. salt
- dash pepper
- 1 c. water
- 1 c. leftover mashed potatoes (or more)
- 2 1/2 c. milk
- 1/2 c. grated cheese
- Saute onions slowly in butter until yellow and softened.
- Blend in flour, salt and pepper. Add water and boil 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add remaining ingredients and heat slowly until cheese melts. Do not boil.
- Garnish with bacon bits, parsley, croutons, leftover chopped cooked broccoli, or whatever!