Carrie makes these for her kids a lot since they love 'em; mine are no exception. These are like banana bread on a plate! Mmmmm
(basic pancake recipe from Better Homes and Gardens, 11th edition; you can adapt your favorite pancake recipe if you'd like)
- 1 mashed ripe banana
- 1 c. flour (can use half whole wheat)
- 1 T. sugar
- 2 t. baking powder
- 1/4 t. salt
- dash cinnamon, optional
- 1 beaten egg
- 2 T. cooking oil
- milk (1/2 cup or so)
- Mix the flour(s), sugar, baking powder, and salt together in one bowl. I like to sprinkle in some cinnamon.
- Mash the banana and mix in the egg and oil in another bowl.
- Pour the banana mixture into the flour mixture and start to stir with a wooden spoon. Add milk until the batter is the consistency you like. I like mine on the thicker side because I like big, puffy pancakes!
- Let the batter sit for 10-15 minutes if you can (this always helps make any pancakes that much fluffier).
- Cook on a hot griddle like you would regular pancakes! Serve with syrup.
Makes a dozen 3-4-inch pancakes