Wednesday, June 9, 2010

My Pantry Meals

Tonight we're having one of my all-time favorite meals: Black Bean Potage. What makes it even better is that it's a pantry meal of sorts. I always keep some frozen bell pepper strips on hand, usually have onions and the miscellaneous seasonings called for, black beans, and rice. It's great when your pantry staples are meals you love, isn't it? When you haven't planned the menu or something has fallen through, it's raining all day and you're stuck at home with sick kids, or you just don't feel like reinventing the wheel for dinner. A bonus? My favorite pantry meals happen to be favorites of my husband's, too, so I know it's not a real sacrifice for either of us to eat these frequently.

Here are my top pantry meals: ("pantry meal" being defined as something I always have ingredients on hand for in my pantry or freezer)

Black Bean Potage
Rotisserie Chicken
Lentils and Rice with Fried Onions
Spaghetti with Butter and Parmesan
Stir-Fry (several varieties on this site!)
Fish with frozen veggies on the side (varies)


What are your top pantry meals?

No comments: