~from Simply in Season
- 4 c. fresh okra, cleaned and trimmed
- 1 T. oil (I used olive)
- 1 medium onion, sliced thinly
- 2 bell peppers, sliced thinly (I used yellow--which was extra pretty)
- 1 hot pepper, chopped (optional)
- 2 tomatoes, chopped (I used a cup of cherry tomatoes quartered with the seeds squeezed out a bit for half a recipe's worth)
- Saute okra in hot oil for about 10 minutes, stirring frequently (you don't need it terribly hot--maybe a medium on your stove).
- Add onions, bell peppers, and hot peppers, and saute on medium low until onion is translucent, stirring frequently.
- Add tomatoes and cook for another 10 minutes or so, stirring as needed.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.