Spiced Crunchy (Low-Fat) Granola
~How to Cook Everything, 10th ann. edition
- 6 c. oats or other rolled, flaked grain (I used about 1 1/2 cups of a muesli mix I had as part of this)
- 2 c. chopped nuts (almonds, walnuts, pecans, sesame seeds, .... I used 1/2 almonds and 1/2 walnuts)
- 1/2-1 c. honey (I used 3/4 c.)
- 2 t. cinnamon
- 1 t. ground ginger
- 1/2 t. ground cardamom
- 1/4 t. ground cloves
- 1/4 t. ground nutmeg
- 1 t. vanilla
- 1 c. raisins or Craisins
- Mix all together except the dried fruit.
- Spread in a rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally (every 5-7 minutes or so).
- When browned, remove and let cool to room temperature. Add raisins or Craisins and transfer to a room temperature container.