- 2 c. shredded carrots (white or orange)
- 2 c. shredded cabbage (red or green)
- 1 c. sliced fresh radishes (or less--use what you have!)
- 1 c. jicama, shredded or cut into matchsticks (cucumber makes a fantastic sub)
- 1/3 c. minced scallions or red onion (or even white!)
- 3 T. minced leaves--this is a lot, so leave out if you're not a mint fan
- 2 jalapeños, seeded and minced (or other hot peppers)
- 2 T. orange marmalade
- 4 t. rice wine vinegar
- 2 t. toasted sesame oil
- 2 T. sesame seeds, toasted
- Combine carrots through jalapeños.
- Combine marmalade through seeds. Pour dressing over slaw mix.
- Eat right away or store up to a few hours (cabbage will soften slightly as it sits--which might make this more appealing to tentative cabbage eaters).
~Serves 4-6 as a side dish; 2-3 as a main topped with chicken/shrimp