We all love peanut butter and bread...now you can combine the two! This is also out of a children's cookbook, so throw an apron on those younger ones! (And see variations at end)
2 cups all-purpose flour
4 tsps baking powder
1 tsp salt
1/3 cup sugar
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 1/2 cups milk
Heat oven to 350 Degrees. Grease Loaf Pan
Sift flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar into large bowl (a fork works like sifting for younger ones.) Add peanut butter and mix with fork until batter is crumbly. Add milk and mix thoroughly with spoon. Note: this method makes the batter quite lumpy, but it seems to bake fine. Pour batter into pan. (Note: you can also make them into muffins, cut baking time down to about 15 min. and check.) Bake for 50-60 minutes. Let bread cool in pan then remove to wire rack.
1. You can choose to cut down on sugar if desired. Made with normal peanut butter and sugar, it is not too sweet, but on the sweeter side.
2. You can also use 1 cup reg. flour, 1 cup whole wheat flour for added goodness.
3. Use chunky peanut butter for a little added crunch.
4. Add pecans or other nuts for added crunch (maybe 1/2 cup).
5. Add chocolate chips for an extra treat.
6. Substitute mashed banana for some of the peanut butter, or double the recipe and still use 1/2 cup peanut butter and about 1 banana (or 1/2 cup mashed banana). You will need to use 2 loaf pans if doubling.