Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Ground Beef Curly Noodle

This is yummy, super quick and easy, cheap, and only dirties up one pan. What more could you ask? It's something I fix for the kids when my husband and I are going out on a date later or when we just need a quick meal from freezer/pantry staples. I usually serve baked sweet potatoes with it. I'm giving the recipe as I make it, but the original recipe comes from allrecipes.com. I haven't made many changes, just made it even more "free form."

1 pound ground beef
1 package Ramen (I've used several different flavors with success)
1 can diced or stewed tomatoes (again, several options work well)
1 can corn or equivalent amount frozen corn
1 cup or so of frozen peas (these really help the visual appeal--a spot of green)

1. Brown ground beef. Drain well and blot with paper towels.
2. Stir in tomatoes (and juice), Ramen seasoning packet, corn (including liquid from can or small amount of water), and peas. Break up noodles and add them, too.
3. Bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat. Simmer 10 minutes.

Serves 5 or so.

No comments: