Recipe from More-with-Less (including variations at the end; notes in parentheses are mine)
Combine in saucepan:
- 1 c. fruit juice, drained from canned fruit (or 1 c. regular juice)
- 1 enveloped unflavored gelatin
- 1 c. cold fruit juice or water
- 1 T. lemon juice (optional; can omit if using strong juices such as grape or cranberry)
- 1 T. frozen orange juice concentrate (optional; can omit if using strong juices such as grape or cranberry)
- When partially set, fold in fresh or drained canned fruits as desired. If using fresh unsweetened fruits and tart juice, add 2-4 T. sugar to hot gelatin mixture.
- When partially set, fold in 1 c. whipped cream or cottage cheese.
- Replace second cup fruit juice with 1 c. chilled yogurt (this is good, but different).