From South Beach Diet
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast (you can use 1 pound cooked chicken and omit the olive oil, too)
- 2 T. olive oil
- 2 c. prepared bulgur wheat
- 1 1/2 c. diced cucumbers
- 1 1/2 c. diced tomatoes (I often substitute red peppers here because we like them better)
- 1 c. minced green onion
- 1/2 c. chopped fresh parsley
- Romaine lettuce leaves
Cook the chicken in the olive oil until tender and no longer pink (8-10 minutes over medium heat). Turn often to brown evenly. Remove the chicken from the skillet and cut into thin, bite-sized cubes. Chill thoroughly in refrigerator.
Combine the chicken with the remaining ingredients, except for the lettuce. Serve over the lettuce and drizzle with the dressing (below).
- 1/2 c. low-sugar prepared Italian dressing
- 1 T. cayenne pepper sauce (or to taste)
- 1/2 T. dried mint leaves
- 1/4 T. mustard powder
Combine all and drizzle over salad.