- Homemade pizza (with or without tomato sauce, toppings are up to you!)
- Grilled Chicken and veggies/corn (if you flatten boneless, skinless breasts a bit, they will go further because they look like a bigger serving....)
- Salad topped with grilled chicken/beef
- Fajitas with peppers, onions, and grilled chicken/beef
- Stir-fry with Thai flavors (basil, jalapenos, peppers)
- Pasta with quick tomato sauces and fresh herbs
- Anything with salsa (burritos, tacos, etc.)
- Greek "stuff" (falafel, gyros, etc.--anything that works with Tzatziki sauce)
- Tomato/cucumber salads
Need a quick dessert? Fruit!
What about an appetizer or snack? Fruit!
This coming week's menu as an example (the days can all be flip-flopped somewhat):
Sat: Grilled chicken (lots), grilled veggies, grilled corn, grilled flatbread ("naked" pizza crust), and grilled peaches for dessert (I'm grilling enough chicken for a few days' meals)
Sun: Salad with grilled chicken, more grilled flatbread; watermelon
Mon: Fajitas with grilled chicken, peppers, onions; black beans; grilled peaches or watermelon
Tues: Calzones with... grilled chicken and the leftover grilled veggies; watermelon
Thurs: Empanadas with beans from Mon. night; watermelon or peaches
Fri: Pizza or Pasta with tomato sauce from garden bounty
Sat: Grilled something and we'll start over!
What's YOUR favorite summer meal?