Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Texas Menu, Week 1

After two weeks of Middle Eastern/Indian meals, I figured we were ready for some meatier dishes. Since I'm from Texas, I figure this week can include anything I grew up eating; I'll stick to beefy dishes and Tex Mex, since those things come to mind when I think "Texas." It's too bad I don't have some beef brisket or flank steak on hand--those would really fit the bill!

Options (some of these are quite similar--I'll pick and choose):
Corn Pone Pie (almost the same as Tamale Pie--depends on what kinds of beans I cook)
Beef and Corn Casserole
Mexican Pulled Pork over Rice
Fiesta Baked Chicken
Beans and Franks
Baked Potatoes (topped with leftovers of nearly any of the above!)
Hamburgers
Nachos or Quesadillas with leftovers

Side Dishes That Work Well:
Corn
Slaw
Salad
Green Veg (green beans, broccoli, peas, etc.)
Cornbread
Rolls/Bread
Crudite
Potatoes (white or sweet)

Dessert:

Shopping List:
pinto beans
meat of choice (depends on freezer and what's on sale)
tortillas
flour/cornmeal
potatoes
carrots
green veg of choice
corn (frozen or on the cob)

No comments: