This makes a delicious snack or lunch offering--especially in the winter when so many fresh fruits are not in season and expensive. The "soup" is cold, though, so save it for a warmer winter day! We used frozen berries with their juice in our soups in the picture; hence the swirly colors.
From Pretend Soup (see the cookbook itself for kid-friendly pictures/directions; this is an easy recipe for preschoolers to make for themselves)
- 2 c. orange juice
- 1/2 c. plain yogurt
- 1 T. honey
- 2 t. lemon juice
- 1 c. berries (any kind, fresh or frozen; thaw frozen ones first and include the juices)
- 1 banana, sliced
- Place the orange juice in a bowl. Add yogurt, honey, and lemon juice.
- Whisk "until it is all one color."
- Place 5 banana slices and 2 tablespoons berries in each bowl (~4 bowls).
- Ladle soup over berries and bananas and eat!