~From Better Homes and Gardens Eat Well and Lose Weight
- 8 ounces dried whole wheat or multigrain penne pasta (about 2 1/2 cups)
- 3 c. broccoli florets
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 t. adobo seasoning*
- 2 T. olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 c. light mayonnaise or salad dressing
- 1/8 t. black pepper
- 2 T. shaved Parmesan
- Cook pasta according to package directions, adding broccoli for last 5 minutes. Drain well. Return to hot pot.
- In a medium bowl, combine chicken and adobo seasoning; toss to coat. In a large skillet heat oil over medium-high heat. Add garlic; cook and stir for 30 seconds. Add chicken; cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink, stirring occasionally.
- Add chicken to drained pasta and broccoli in large pot. Stir in mayo and pepper. Cook over low heat until heated through, stirring occasionally.
- To serve, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
*you can make your own adobo seasoning easily.
To freeze: cut chicken and season and place in small ziploc bag; attach to bag of frozen broccoli and bag of pasta--either raw or cooked. Thaw overnight and proceed with recipe!