Sunday, January 8, 2012

Light and Easy Italian Chicken

Carrie and I both make this a lot; I can't believe I've never put the recipe on here! It's tasty, easy, inexpensive (when boneless, skinless chicken is on sale), and very family-friendly. It's even company friendly. Serve with a pasta or potatoes or rice and a veggie or salad. Enjoy.

~from Heart and Soul: a Memphis Junior League Cookbook

  • 6 chicken breast halves, skinned and boned*
  • 1/2 c. reduced-calorie Italian salad dressing (or regular)
  • 1/4 t. pepper
  • 1 t. snipped fresh tarragon or basil or 1/2 t. dried tarragon or basil, crushed
  • 1/3 c. grated Parmesan cheese
  • extra fresh herbs, if available, for garnish
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place chicken in a 13x9x2-inch baking dish. Fill dish with about 1/4 inch of water. Pour dressing over chicken. Sprinkle with pepper, then herbs. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake about 20 minutes, or until tender. Garnish with fresh herbs, if using.

~Serves 6*

*I don't even use the recipe anymore. I just use enough chicken for my family and use the same method described. I don't measure; I just pour dressing over and sprinkle herbs and cheese until it looks okay. This is a great go to recipe.

No comments: