~From the Cross Clan Cookbook ☺
- 2 T. butter
- 1/4 c. buttery cracker crumbs
- 1/4 c. broken pecan pieces (don't omit--they are WONDERFUL in this)
- 2 T. water
- 1 pound summer squash, cut up (I like the peel on--it's prettier; I typically cut them into 3/4-inch pieces or thereabouts)
- 1/4 c. mayonnaise (can use low-fat)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 c. shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 T. butter, melted
- 1 1/2 t. sugar
- 1/2 t. instant/powdered onion
- In a 1-quart casserole dish, microwave butter 1/2 minute or so until melted. Add cracker crumbs and pecans. Microwave 2 minutes on high. Stir and remove from casserole dish.
- In same casserole dish, put water and squash. Cover and microwave 8-10 minutes on high; drain and put back in casserole dish.
- Mix remaining ingredients. Add to drained squash. Microwave 4 minutes on low; stir. Add crumb topping. Microwave 2-4 minutes on low until center is set. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
~Serves about 4; can be doubled