Peanut Butter Apple Bowls
~adapted from a Kroger flyer
- 1 apple*
- 2 1/2 t. sunflower seeds (peanuts would work well, too)
- 2 T. raisins
- ground cinnamon, to taste
- 1 T. orange juice concentrate
- peanut butter
*depending on size of apple, you may need more/less of the other filling ingredients
- Cut top off of apple horizontally. Core apple, making sure to remove all seeds. Hollow out the apple and set aside apple pieces (chop into small pieces if necessary).
- In a small bowl, combine sunflower seeds, raisins, and apple pieces. Dust with cinnamon. Add orange juice concentrate; mix well and set aside.
- Smear peanut butter inside apple to coat. Fill the apple with the raisin mixture.