~from allrecipes.com originally
- 4 oz. cream cheese
- 1/2 c. confectioner's sugar
- 1 t. vanilla extract
- 1 t. lemon zest
- 1 c. heavy cream
- 1 (9-inch) baked pie shell
- 1/3 c. white sugar
- 2 T. cornstarch
- 1/3 c. water
- 1/3 c. grenadine syrup (or 1/3 c. orange marmalade with 1 t. strawberry jello mix)
- 1 T. lemon juice
- 2 c. fresh strawberries
- In a medium bowl, mix cream cheese and confectioner's sugar until creamy. Stir in vanilla and lemon zest.
- In separate bowl, whip cream. Fold into cream cheese mixture. Spread over bottom of pie crust. Chill.
- In a saucepan, mix together white sugar and cornstarch. Stir in water until smooth. Add grenadine and lemon juice. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Cook 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Allow to cool, then chill.
- Just before serving, stir together berries and cooled mixture until coated. Spread over cream cheese layer.
~Makes 1 pie