- Pasta of choice
- Veggies of choice (amount is entirely up to you!)
- Extra Parmesan cheese
- protein (sausage, chicken, tofu, etc.) is optional
- Prepare veggies: thin strips (julienned, deseeded, etc.) work best. Group them in clumps of similar cooking times (carrots and onions with peppers, squashes held until the end, etc.).
- Cook noodles.
- Saute veggies in scant amount of oil, beginning with the ones that take longest to cook. I only cook them until just barely tender, especially the squash.
- When noodles are done, drained, and back in their big pot, add the veggies and toss. Then add a few spoonfuls of pesto and toss.
Serve topped with extra Parmesan cheese and red pepper flakes sprinkled on top.