Beans and Greens Soup
~from my friend Bridgette; she says this is a "Blendtec" recipe
- 1 T. olive oil
- 1 med onion, roughly chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 c. water, divided
- 2 t. veg. broth powder
- 4 c. kale (6-8 leaves, ribs removed and chopped)
- 2 cans white beans, rinsed, drained, and divided
- 1/2 t. crushed red pepper
- 1/4 t. cumin (or double!)
- Saute onion and garlic in oil over med-hi heat (about 5 min.). Add 1 c. chicken broth and kale to pan and cover. Cook until wilted, about 5 min.
- Blend remaining stock, half of beans, red pepper and cumin. Add blended beans and whole beans to pan. Simmer for 5 minutes and serve.