Radish, Orange, and Avocado Chopped Salad
~America's Test Kitchen Healthy Family Favorites
- 1 cucumber (about 8 oz), peeled (optional), halved lengthwise, seeded, and cut into 1/2-inch pieces.
- salt and pepper
- 3 T. olive oil
- 3 T. lime juice (from 2 limes)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 10 radishes, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 oranges, peeled with a knife (so you cut off most of the white pith), cut into 1/2-inch pieces, and drained slightly
- 1/2 avocado, pitted, peeled, and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/4 c. minced red onion
- 1 romaine lettuce heart (about 6 ounces), cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 c. shredded Manchego cheese (or Parmesan) (about 2 oz)
- 1/2 c. minced cilantro
- 1/4 c. toasted pumpkin seeds
- Toss cucumbers with 1/2 teaspoon salt and let drain in a colander for 15-30 minutes (basically while you prep/chop everything else).
- Whisk oil, lime juice, and garlic together in large bowl. Add drained cucumbers, radishes, oranges, avocado, and onion, and toss to combine. Let sit at room temperature for 5 minutes to let flavors blend (can also be held at this stage for up to an hour if you need to make it slightly ahead of time).
- Add lettuce, cheese, and cilantro and toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste, sprinkle with pumpkin seeds and serve.