This is my mother-in-law's recipe, and it is YUMMY! The original recipe calls for all blueberries, but she's made it with blueberries and peaches and--my personal favorite--blueberries, raspberries, and strawberries. Use what you have on hand. The topping is not a granola-type crunchy topping, but it's not really a pie crust either. It's delicious! Serve warm with vanilla ice cream. (Recipe can be doubled and baked in a 13x9-inch pan.)
Mixed Berry Crunch
- 3 c. blueberries or mixed berries/peaches
- 1 T. lemon juice
- 1 c. flour
- 1 c. sugar
- 1 egg
- 6 T. melted butter
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix fruit and lemon juice and pour into 9-inch pie plate.
- Combine flour, sugar, and egg. Pour/drizzle on top of fruit.
- Drizzle melted butter on top.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
*image from Around the Plate