From Extending the Table
- 8 oz. whole wheat angel hair pasta
- 2 c. chopped broccoli florets
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 c. pork, cut in small pieces
- 1-2 T. lite soy sauce
- 1 t. sugar
- 1/2 t. salt
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Drain and toss with 1 tablespoon oil. Cover and set aside.
- Steam broccoli until crisp-tender (about 5 minutes). (I did this using the same pot I'd cooked the pasta in--one less pot to wash!)
- Meanwhile, saute pork and garlic in 1 tablespoon oil in skillet (8-10 minutes). Add cooked broccoli, soy sauce, sugar, and salt to pork and toss together. Toss this mixture with noodles.
- Serve! (pass additional soy sauce for those who like their noodles nice and salty)
- Substitute rice noodles for wheat noodles.
- Substitute 6-8 shrimp (shelled and deveined) for 1/2 cup of the pork.
- Substitute 1 cup thinly sliced beef for pork.