Monday, February 18, 2013

Steamed Bok Choy with Dressing

"I don't like bok choy!"

"Where do you GET bok choy?"

My husband and I have come to really enjoy bok choy; this recipe actually won accolades from my boys after they ate their required "no thank you bite." Simple and quick--just my style. Bok choy can be found in many larger supermarkets. The small "baby bok choy" that we used comes from a large-ish Asian/ethnic grocery store in town (their produce is SO cheap!!!).


Steamed Bok Choy with Dressing
~recipe from Anja's Food For Thought (I'm putting here at full tummies b/c I'll forget where I found it and it's definitely a remake!)

  • 1 baby bok choy per person/serving (Dressing ingredients are for 4 bok choy)
  • 2 T. soy sauce
  • 1 T. oil (I used peanut; Anja recommends roasted sesame)
  • 2 garlic cloves, crushed
  • 1/2 t. crushed red pepper flakes
  • 2 green onions, sliced thin
  • sesame seeds
  1. Clean the bok choy thoroughly and slice vertically in half. Place them in a steamer basket and steam for 3-4 minutes (you can overlap them some).
  2. Mix soy sauce, oil, garlic, and red pepper flakes together.
  3. Place cooked bok choy on a platter or in a dish and drizzle dressing over them. Sprinkle with green onions and sesame seeds.

~Serves 4 (1 baby bok choy/person)

No comments: