"Where do you GET bok choy?"
My husband and I have come to really enjoy bok choy; this recipe actually won accolades from my boys after they ate their required "no thank you bite." Simple and quick--just my style. Bok choy can be found in many larger supermarkets. The small "baby bok choy" that we used comes from a large-ish Asian/ethnic grocery store in town (their produce is SO cheap!!!).
Steamed Bok Choy with Dressing
~recipe from Anja's Food For Thought (I'm putting here at full tummies b/c I'll forget where I found it and it's definitely a remake!)
- 1 baby bok choy per person/serving (Dressing ingredients are for 4 bok choy)
- 2 T. soy sauce
- 1 T. oil (I used peanut; Anja recommends roasted sesame)
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 t. crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 green onions, sliced thin
- sesame seeds
- Clean the bok choy thoroughly and slice vertically in half. Place them in a steamer basket and steam for 3-4 minutes (you can overlap them some).
- Mix soy sauce, oil, garlic, and red pepper flakes together.
- Place cooked bok choy on a platter or in a dish and drizzle dressing over them. Sprinkle with green onions and sesame seeds.
~Serves 4 (1 baby bok choy/person)