This addictive chicken salad is my mother's wonderful creation. My husband requests it often! Adjust ingredients/seasonings to the amount of leftover cooked chicken you have.
1 package Oriental flavored Ramen noodles
chopped cooked chicken
1. Toast crumbled noodles in toaster oven or regular oven. Watch closely because they can burn quickly! (Entire package may not be needed; depends on how much chicken you have)
2. Toast almonds if desired.
3. Chop green onions (enough to suit amount of chicken/to taste).
4. Combine chicken, onions, almonds, and crumbled noodles.
5. Moisten salad with enough mayonnaise to hold it together; this will be a drier chicken salad than those gooey deli-creations.
6. Season with contents of Ramen seasoning packet to taste (we often use half or less for a fairly good sized amount of salad).