Monday, August 11, 2008

Cooking Day Lineup: Meals for my Freezer, round 1

Part of the Meals for a Month series.

So, on my first big batch cooking day, what did I cook? I thought some of you might be interested to see my line-up. I'll post recipes when I can of the more interesting specimens. (This is from memory--I feel like I'm leaving something out.)

Ground Beef (since I hit a big sale; we don't usually eat much red meat)
  • 3 Beef and Potato Pies (not shepherd's pie--this one is a little different)
  • 2 Mexican Pizzas
  • 2 Ginormous Meatloaves
  • 2 recipes Cincinnati Chili
Chicken Dishes
  • 2 Chicken Tucsons (Mexican "lasagna" sort of)
  • 2 White and Green Lasagnas (split up into smaller pans)
  • 3 Chicken on Cornbread recipes (similar to chicken pot pie, but on cornbread)
  • 3 Creamy Peanut Chicken recipes
  • 2 Fragrant Sticky Chicken recipes (marinade)
  • 3 Citrus Glazed Chicken recipes (marinade)
  • 1 Sticky Roast Chicken (marinade)
Pork Chops (3 pairs of pork chops in honey/mustard sauce)
Fish (3 recipes Thai Fish on Rice)

Meatless Dishes
  • Many Bean Chili (2 recipes split up into 4 meals' worth)
  • Black Bean Lasagna (2 recipes split up into 4 meals' worth)
I'll post my potential line-up for the next go 'round as I get closer. I know I'll be doing Mediterranean Salmon Cakes, Chipotle Cheddar Chicken Cakes, and Skinny Chimichangas (to be posted soon)--all great recipes for those of you who don't have a whole day to devote to freezer cooking and would like to just double or triple recipes here and there. I'll post the complete list at some point--I'm trying to think of things that will be in season in a couple of months...which reminds me... our favorite soup freezes wonderfully. You'll have to wait and see what that's like! In the meantime, I'm going to make up a big batch of the incredibly easy Tomato Basil Soup to use up some of my basil. Another item in season this fall will be apples and I've been told my mother-in-law's AMAZING apple dumplings freeze well. Mmmmmm.....

Happy Cooking!

No comments: