Recipe from Meals for a Month
- 20-oz. salsa (your choice)
- 2 cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cups cooked, chopped chicken
- 6 corn tortillas*
- 2 cups shredded cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream*
- Spread 1/2 cup salsa in a 9x9-inch baking dish and set aside. In large bowl, combine remaining salsa, beans, chicken, and pepper. Mix well.
- Place 3 tortillas on salsa in bottom of baking dish. Top with half of chicken mixture and sprinkle with half of cheese. Top with 3 more tortillas, then remaining chicken mixture. Wrap and label. Reserve sour cream in refrigerator. Place remaining cheese in zipper-lock bag; attach to baking dish and freeze.
- To thaw and cook: Thaw overnight in refrigerator. Place small dollops of sour cream on casserole and stop with reserved cheese. Bake at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes until hot and cheese begins to brown.
You will need 8 or more flour tortillas for this and no sour cream (unless you like to top your quesadillas with sour cream). We also use more salsa.
Combine filling ingredients (using only 16-oz. salsa). Freeze in ziploc bag. Attach bag of cheese and another bag of tortillas. Label and freeze.
To assemble, thaw all ingredients and proceed as you would normally with quesadillas!