- 2 c. sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 c. oil
- 2 c. self-rising flour
- 1 t. ground cloves
- 1 t. ground cinnamon
- 12 ounces dark fruit baby food*
- 1 c. nuts (optional)
- Cream sugar and eggs. Add oil and mix well.
- Sift flour and spices. Add to creamed mixture.
- Add baby food and nuts (if using).
- Pour into greased and floured tube pan or two loaf pans.
- Bake at 325 degrees for about an hour (start checking at 55 minutes). I use the toothpick test (toothpick coming out clean when stuck in middle of cake).
- Cool on a wire rack (in the pan) for about 10 minutes. Then, finish cooling on wire rack out of pan.
- Glaze while still warm (optional).
Boil 4 T. lemon juice and 1 c. powdered sugar. Poke holes in warm cake and pour glaze over cake.
Makes 1 tube cake or 2 loaf-sized cakes.