- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 stick butter
- 1 package Fajita seasoning (found in Mexican aisle with taco "stuff")*
- 4 cups chicken broth, approximately (enough to cover chicken in crock)
- Turn crock pot on high and add butter, seasoning mix, and 1 cup chicken broth. Once ingredients have melted, mix all ingredients together. Add chicken and add enough broth to almost cover. Cook at high for 5-6 hours until chicken shreds easily.
- After the time is up, open the lid and use a fork to stir the chicken. You will know they are "done" when they start to shred as you stir with the fork. Continue stirring until you have a crockpot full of fajita chicken!
You can also use Lemon Garlic seasoning; Lemon Garlic chicken works well with green beans and mashed potatoes.
Note: You can freeze the butter (unwrapped), the seasoning mix, and 1 cup of chicken broth in one bag and remaining broth and chicken pieces in another. Thaw overnight in the fridge and you'll be ready to go in the morning!
Serves 8; recipe can be halved for 4 servings