Recipe from two nearly identical ones at allrecipes.com and Cooks.com
- 1 c. chopped bell pepper
- 1/2 c. chopped jalapeno peppers (about 5+)
- 5 c. white sugar
- 1 1/2 c. apple cider vinegar
- 1 (6-oz.) container liquid pectin (supposedly Certo is best)
- Remove stems and seeds from peppers (wear gloves!!!). Pulse peppers and vinegar in a blender until desired fineness is reached (this version isn't strained, so mince them up nice and small if you don't want bits in the final product).
- In a 5-quart pot over high heat, combine pepper-vinegar mixture and sugar. Bring to a rolling boil; boil for 4 minutes. Remove from heat and cool 5 minutes.
- Stirring constantly, add the pectin and 5-8 drops green food coloring. Let mixture continue to cool for 2 more minutes. Stir for 1 minute.
- Pour into hot, sterilized jars and top with sterilized lids. Secure lids with bands and process in boiling water bath 15 minutes. Allow jars to cool slowly on a towel, creating a vacuum seal. (You'll hear a "pop.")