Modified from South Beach Diet book
- 2 t. butter
- 1/2 c. sliced onion
- 1/2 c. sliced red bell pepper
- 1/2 c. sliced zucchini
- 2 small plum tomatoes, diced
- 1 T. chopped fresh basil
- pinch freshly ground black pepper
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 c. cottage cheese
- 1/4 c. evaporated milk
- 1/4 c. shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Coat an ovenproof 10-inch skillet with cooking spray and place over medium-low heat until hot. Melt butter in skillet. Add the onion, bell pepper, and zucchini and saute over medium-low heat until the vegetables are lightly browned, 2-3 minutes. Add the tomatoes, basil, and black pepper to the skillet and stir to combine. Cook until the flavors are blended, 2-3 minutes, and remove from the heat.
- Preheat the broiler. In a blender, combine the eggs, cottage cheese, and milk and process until smooth. Pour the egg mixture over the vegetables. Cover and cook on medium-low heat until the bottom is set and the top is still slightly wet. Transfer the skillet to the broiler and broil until the top is set, 2-3 minutes. Sprinkle with the cheese and broil until the cheese melts (watch closely!).
2 generous servings!