Recipe from Gardener's Community Cookbook
- 1/4 c. Herbed Vinegar (see below)
- 1/2 c. olive oil
- 1 T. honey
- 1 clove garlic, minced or pressed
- freshly ground pepper
Combine all ingredients in small bowl and whisk. Use right away or store in a covered container for a few days in the refrigerator.
Makes 3/4 cup
this is very easy and worth a try--it sounds VERY weird, but it's quite good.
- 1 T. chopped shallot
- 1 T. chopped fresh chives
- 1 T. chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1 T. chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1 T. dried summer savory
- 3 small bay leaves
- 2-inch piece of cinnamon stick
- 1/4 t. grated nutmeg
- 1 T. brown sugar
- 1 t. salt
- 4 c. distilled white vinegar
- Combine all ingredients in a quart Mason jar.
- Heat the vinegar to almost boiling (190 degrees) and pour into the jar. Cool to room temperature then seal securely. Let stand at room temperature for 8-10 days, shaking jar once a day.
- Strain into a clean bottle/jar and store at room temperature. Make sure your stopper/lid is not metal because it will react with the vinegar.
Keeps 6 months or so