Side Dish Serving Suggestion (if using as a main course): steamed rice and/or crunchy Asian noodles; fresh fruit
From Southern Living Magazine
- 1/2 c. finely chopped carrots
- 1/2 c. water
- 20-oz. ground turkey
- 1 c. chopped shiitake mushrooms
- 1 (8-oz.) can water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 T. minced fresh ginger
- 1/3 c. teriyaki sauce
- 3 T. creamy peanut butter
- 1 T. sesame oil
- 1 T. rice vinegar
- 1/4 c. hoisin sauce
- 1/2 c. sliced green onions
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, separated into leaves**
- hoisin sauce, optional
1. Cook carrots and water in a large skillet over hight heat, stirring occasionally, 3-5 minutes or until carrots are softened and water is evaporated. Remove from skillet.
2. Reduce heat to medium. Cook turkey in skillet about 5 minutes, stirring until turkey crumbles and is no longer pink. Add carrots, mushrooms, and next 8 ingredients. Increase heat to medium-high, and cook, stirring constantly, 4 minutes. Add green onions, and cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute. Spoon mixture evenly onto lettuce leaves; roll up. Serve with hoisin sauce, if desired.
*PFChang's also includes crunchy little rice noodles--or bean thread noodles?--for added crunch.
**To separate lettuce leaves easily, hold under water in the sink. It also helps to let the lettuce leaves soak in cold water for a bit--they're extra crunchy that way!