- 1 (6-oz.) box peach jello
- 6 large peaches, sliced (peeled if you prefer)
- 1 (20-oz.) can crushed pineapple, drained and juice reserved (drain well; you'll need about 1 cup of reserved juice total)
- 2 large bananas, mashed
- 1 c. minimarshmallows
Prepare jello as directed, substituting 1/2 cup of reserved pineapple juice for 1/2 cup of the water called for. Add peaches, pineapple, bananas, and marshmallows. Let congeal (stir after 1/2 an hour or so if you want the fruit distributed well). You will need to use a 9x13-inch pan for this.
Creamy Topping (this MAKES the salad; don't omit)
- 1/2 c. pineapple juice
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 1 egg
- 8-oz. cream cheese
- 1 medium Cool Whip (8-oz)
- 1/2 c. toasted nuts, optional
Heat juice, sugar, and egg until slightly thick (it will a light, opaque yellow). Stir in cream cheese until it's fully incorporated and fold in Cool Whip. Spread on top of congealed jello salad and top with nuts if desired. Refrigerate until ready to serve; don't hold more than a day before your first serving.
Makes 12 generous servings