~From How to Cook Everything, 10th anniversary edition
- 1-1 1/2 pounds greens
- 3 T. peanut oil or olive oil (I used olive)
- salt and pepper
- 1/3-1/2 cup lemon juice, wine vinegar, or sherry vinegar (I used lemon juice)
- Separate leaves from stems. Chop stems (if 1/8-inch or smaller in diameter; bigger stems should be discarded). Stack leaves, roll up, and slice thin.
- Put oil in a well-seasoned or nonstick large skillet over high heat. When the oil smokes, toss in the stems (if using). Cook, stirring almost constantly, until they begin to brown, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add leaves and continue to cook, stirring, until they wilt and begin to brown. Turn off the heat, season with salt and pepper, and add about 1/3 cup lemon juice or vinegar. Taste, adjust the seasoning, and serve immediately or at room temperature.