The CSA "haul"
- 1 bunch broccoli
- 1 beautiful head of lettuce
- 1 big head bok choy
- 1 bulb fresh garlic (fun!)
- 1 bunch radishes
- 1 box strawberries
- 1 small bunch rainbow Swiss chard
But, on the bright side, the kids and I planted some basil plants today, our other herbs are going gang busters (need any oregano or marjoram anyone??), and we also planted some droopy cucumber seedlings.... Not holding my breath on for those.
AND, my over zealous tomatoes from last year have reseeded themselves (so helpful, aren't they?) and are now a good 2-3 feet high. Work from me? Only a few cages. They all have flowers on them, so I'm hopeful they'll actually bear fruit. Wouldn't that be nice?
- um, entree salad (tonight for sure)
- side salads
- stir fry with the broccoli and bok choy and some garlic
- stir-fried bok choy and garlic as a side dish
- chard?? never cooked it. Open to ideas
- radishes--not a huge fan, but the hubby enjoys them... they'll be appearing in those aforementioned salads