Friday, May 18, 2012

Homemade Lemon-Lime Soda Pop

Now, I'm from the South, and I just can't say "pop." Or even "soda" for that matter. It's all Coke to me. Still, this recipe is delicious--refreshing and, while sweet, doesn't have any high fructose corn syrup! Let the kids make it with you--that's part of the experience! (Incidentally, this is a terrific recipe since it's the quantities for only one cup at a time; one of my twins does NOT like carbonation, so I make his with plain water and he's thrilled.)

~From Pretend Soup

  • 2 T. fresh lemon juice
  • 1 T. fresh lime juice
  • 1/4 c. + 2 T. apple juice concentrate (thawed)
  • 3 ice cubes
  • 1 c. soda water
 Squeeze juice from a lemon and measure 2 tablespoons into a glass. Squeeze juice from a lime and add 1 tablespoon to the glass.

Add everything else and stir. Drink with a straw or slurp from a spoon.

Makes 1 serving (can make more easily!!)

No comments: